1) Power of Supreme Court to transfer cases and appeals
According to Section 406(1) of the Code of Criminal Procedure 1973, whenever it is made to appear to the Supreme Court that an order under this sections expedient for the ends of justice, it may direct that any particular case or appeal be transferred from one High Court to another High Court or from a Criminal Court subordinate to one High Court to another Criminal Court of equal or superior jurisdiction subordinate to another High Court.
(2) The Supreme Court may act under this section only on the application of the Attorney-General of India or of a party interested, and every such application shall be made by motion, which shall, except when the applicant is the Attorney-General of India or the Advocate-General of the State, be supported by affidavit or affirmation.
(3) Where an application for the exercise of the powers conferred by this section is dismissed, the Supreme Court may, if it is of opinion that the application was frivolous or vexatious, order the applicant to pay by way of compensation to any person who has opposed the application such sum not exceeding one thousand rupees as it may consider appropriate in the circumstances of the case.
2) Power of High Court to transfer cases and appeals -
As per Section 407 of the said Code...
(1) Whenever it is made to appear to the High Court-
(a) that a fair and impartial inquiry or trial cannot be had in any Criminal Court subordinate thereto, or
(b) that some question of law of unusual difficulty is likely to arise, or
(c) that an order under this section is required by any provision of this Code, or will tend to the general convenience of the parties or witnesses, or is expedient for the ends of justice.
It may order-
(i) that any offence be inquired into or tried by any Court not qualified under sections 177 to 185 (both inclusive), but in other respects competent to inquire into or try such offence;
(ii) that any particular case or appeal, or class of cases or appeals, be transferred from a Criminal Court subordinate to its authority to any other such Criminal Court of equal or superior jurisdiction;
(iii) that any particular case be committed for trial to a Court of Session; or
(iv) that any particular case or appeal be transferred to and tried before itself.
(2) The High Court may act either on the report of the lower Court, or on the application of a party interested, or on its own initiative:
Provided that no application shall lie to the High Court for transferring a case from one Criminal Court to another Criminal Court in the same sessions division, unless an application for such transfer has been made to the Sessions Judge and rejected by him.
(3) Every application for order under sub-section (1) shall be made by motion, which shall, except when the applicant is the Advocate-General of the State, be supported by affidavit or affirmation.
(4) When such application is made by an accused person, the High Court may direct him to execute a bond, with or without sureties, for the payment of any compensation which the High Court may award under sub-section (7).
(5) Every accused person making such application shall give to the Public Prosecutor notice in writing of the application, together with a copy of the grounds on which it is made; and no order shall be made on the merits of the application unless at least twenty-four hours have elapsed between the giving of such notice and the hearing of the application.
(6) Where the application is for the transfer of a case or appeal from any subordinate Court, the High Court may, if it is satisfied that it is necessary so to do in the interests of justice, order that, pending the disposal of the application, the proceedings in the subordinate Court shall be stayed, on such terms as the High Court may think fit to impose:
Provided that such stay shall not affect the subordinate Court's power of remand under section 309.
(7) Where an application for an order under sub-section (1) is dismissed, the High Court may, if it is of opinion that the application was frivolous or vexatious, order the applicant to pay by way of compensation to any person who has opposed the application such sum not exceeding one thousand rupees as it may consider proper in the circumstances of the case.
(8) When the High Court orders under sub-section (1) that a case be transferred from any Court for trial before itself, it shall observe in such trial the same procedure which that Court would have observed if the case had not been so transferred.
(9) Nothing in this section shall be deemed to affect any order of Government under section 197.
3) Power of Sessions Judge to transfer cases and appeals -
According to Section 408 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, (1) Whenever it is made to appear to a Sessions Judge that an order under this sub-section is expedient for the ends of justice, he may order that any particular case be transferred from one Criminal Court to another Criminal Court in his sessions division.
(2) The Sessions Judge may act either on the report of the lower Court, or on the application of a party interested, or on his own initiative.
(3) The provisions of sub-sections (3), (4), (5), (6), (7) and (9) of section 407 shall apply in relation to an application to the Sessions Judge for an order under sub-section (1) as they apply in relation to an application to the High Court for an order under sub-section (1) of section 407, except that subsection (7) of that section shall so apply as if for the words "one thousand rupees" occurring therein, the words "two hundred and fifty rupees" were substituted.
4) Withdrawal of cases and appeals by Sessions Judges -
As per Section 409(1) of the Code of Criminal Procedure Code, A Sessions Judge may withdraw any case or appeal from, or recall any case or appeal which he has made over to, any Assistant Sessions Judge or Chief Judicial Magistrate subordinate to him.
(2) At any time before the trial of the case or the hearing of the appeal has commenced before the Additional Sessions Judge, a Sessions Judge may recall any case or appeal which he has made over to any Additional Sessions Judge.
(3) Where a Sessions Judge withdraws or recalls a case or appeal under sub-section (1) or sub-section (2), he may either try the case in his own Court or hear the appeal himself, or make it over in accordance with the provisions of this Code to another Court for trial or hearing, as the case may be.
5) Withdrawal of cases by Judicial Magistrates -
According to Section 410 (1), Any Chief Judicial Magistrate may withdraw any case from, or recall any case which he has made over to, any Magistrate subordinate to him, and may inquire into or try such case himself, or refer it for inquiry or trial to any other such Magistrate competent to inquire into or try the same.
(2) Any Judicial Magistrate may recall any case made over by him under sub-section (2) of section 192 to any other Magistrate and may inquire into or try such case himself.
6) Making over or withdrawal of cases by Executive Magistrates (Section 411)-
Any District Magistrate or Sub-divisional Magistrate may-
(a) makeover, for disposal, any proceeding which has been started before him, to any Magistrate subordinate to him;
(b) withdraw any case from, or recall any case which he has made over to, any Magistrate subordinate to him, and dispose of such proceeding himself or refer it for disposal to any other Magistrate.
7) Reasons to be recorded -
According to Section 412 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, a Sessions Judge or Magistrate making an order under section 408, section 409, section 410 or section 411 shall record his reasons for making it.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete
About android application developement batbird INCReplyDelete
Are you looking for Professional & Premium UI & UX DESIGN for your mobile app? Then you're in the right place.
we are professional UI/UX designer. we have more than 3+ years of experience in the field of UI/UX design.
We have completed 200+ mobile app design locally as well as globally.
What you'll get:
- Developement of android apps in JAVA/react native/flutter/kodular
- Pixel perfect UI
- Developer & User-friendly
- Editable XD files with Source Files
- Unlimited revisions until your satisfaction
- Money-Back Guarantee
- Free Mockup
- 24/7 Support
- Great Communication
About Website developement batbird INC
If you want a stunning website (that you own and can edit yourself) then I can design/redesign it for you from scratch.
we have 3years of experience and have 500+ happy and successful clients.
There's nothing we can't do!
✔ Design and Develop a website from scratch.
✔ Fully responsive on mobile, tablet and laptop.
✔ Design unique and original graphic elements & icons.
✔ Redesign your existing site.
✔ Follow the style of another site you like.
✔ Creating a custom responsive design.
✔ Setting up and customising the store (eCommerce).
✔ Adding items to your store
about it services provided by batbird INC
We keep businesses thriving with managed IT solutions and services
Customized Business IT
We work with many types of IT customers with unique needs and very different budget levels.
We craft an IT plan and budget for each customer to help them get the best value and strategically select their services and products.
Personal User Support
We provide on-site expert, friendly technical support to business, home and home office users.
Unlike repair shops, we have a strong emphasis on explanation, friendly communication, and training.
Friendly Local Helpdesk
Our full time help desk team is at your service when you need them most.
We offer remote assistance, on-site visits, and online resources such as our advanced ticketing system and customer knowledge base.
About digital marketing in batbird INC
Hi, we are Batbird INC. We provide clients with the strategic support needed for a thriving business and growing sal
What you get:
- Industry trends and strategies to replicate
- Knowledge of how competitors are acquiring customers
- Digital channels to leverage
- Digital marketing plan blueprint
- Quick delivery from pro marketers
About PR Management in Batbird INC
we will manage all PR for your business. This includes getting your business talked about in blogs relating to your business, and press in magazines.
we will make sure that your business gets the buzz it deserves. If you can not afford to have me manage your campaign.
Do not worry. With the basic package we will give you a full list of contacts. A long with a pitch script and full press kit.
we have access to Industry leading PR software, which gives us access to hundreds of different journalists buzzing to tell your
About Talent Management in Batbird INC
our goal is to assist you with the following:
Ensure you are marketing yourself in the best way possible.
Understand the techniques you are leveraging for the best results.
Give you the tools to be able to sell your current knowledge, skills and abilities and more importantly making them applicable for your next role.
Understanding what skills are transferable and how to articulate that to a hiring manager.
Not only prepare you for the interview but, focus on landing the job.
Negotiate the best offer.
Ultimately achieving your DREAM career!
About all india talent search scholarship exam in Batbird INC
We Organize talent search exams all across india with online examination format and offline exams
anyone can participate with nominal fees and they can have chance to win huge rewards