According to section 28 (1) happy code of criminal procedure a High Court may pass any sentence authorized by law. Section 28 (2) of the Code of Criminal Procedure speaks about sentence which sessions judges may pass.
Sentences which Sessions Judges May pass -
According to section 28 of the code of criminal procedure -
(2) A Sessions Judge or Additional Sessions Judge may pass any sentence authorized by law; but any sentence of death passed by any such Judge shall be subject to confirmation by the High Court. Subsection
(3) Section 28 of the code of criminal procedure provides that an Assistant Sessions Judge may pass any sentence authorized by law except a sentence of death or of imprisonment for life or of imprisonment for a term exceeding ten years.
1) What is FIR and what are the requirements of FIR?
2) Judgment: Meaning, Definition and Essentials of Judgment
3) Decree: Meaning, definition and Types of Decree
4) Difference/Distinction Between A Court and Tribunal
5) Child Welfare Committees | Juvenile Justice Act, 2015