1) An agreement by a debtor not to raise the plea of limitation is :
A ) Valid and binding
D) Voidable at the option of the creditor
Answer : B
2) The plaintiff sees the defendant's child falling in the water he saves the child from drowning. Later the defendant promises to give him ₹ 1,000. In this context which one of the following propositions is correct?
A) The defendant's liability arises in quasi contract.
B) The defendant's liability arises in contingent contract
C) The defendant is not liable as there is no contract
D) The defendant is liable because the agreement is not nudum pactum
3) X agrees to pay Y ₹.5,000 if Y delivers a judgement in his favour in a suit . Y does so but X refuses to pay any money. In this context which one of the following gives correct legal position of the agreement?
A) The agreement is void being opposed public policy.
B) The agreement is valid and enforceable.
C) The agreement is voidable at the option of Y.
D) The agreement is void because the object is unlawful, forbidden by law .
Answer : A
4) A property worth ₹25,000 was agreed to be sold by X for ₹ 8,000 . However X's mother moves for setting aside the agreement on the proof that X is a contingent idiot. In this context which one of the following is correct?
A) The mother will not succeed.
B) The mother will succeed.
C) The mother is bound to execute the agreement.
D) The idiot can avoid the agreement.
Answer : B
5) Agreement which are in nature of beats and gambling are called:
A) Invalid agreement
B) Voidable contracts
C) Contingent contracts
D) Wagering agreements
Answer : D