Section 148-A of the civil procedure code speak about Caveat. Caveat means Beware. It is a warning or caution given by a party to the court not to take any action or grant any relief to the applicant without notice being given to the party lodging the caveat. After lodging a caveat it remains in force for 90 days. It shall not remain in force after the expiry of 90 days from the date on which it was lodged. Caveat is very common in testamentary proceedings
1) Meaning and Definition of Caveat
The term "caveat" has not been defined in the Civil Procedure Code. It has been derived from Latin which means 'beware'. Dictionary meaning of Caveat is any entry made in the book of the offices of a registry or Court to prevent A certain step being taken without prior notice to the person entering the caveat.
2) Provisions of Caveat (Section 148-A)
Right to lodge a caveat - Section 148A of the code of Civil Procedure.
(1) Where an application is expected to be made or has been made, in a suit or proceeding instituted, or about to be instituted, in a Court, any person claiming a right to appear before the Court on the hearing of such application may lodge a caveat in respect thereof.
(2) Where a caveat has been lodged under sub-section (1), the person by whom the caveat has been lodged (hereinafter referred to as the caveator) shall serve a notice of the caveat by registered post, acknowledgement due, on the person by whom the application has been, or is expected to be, made, under sub-section (1).
(3) Where, after a caveat has been lodged under sub-section (1), any application is filed in any suit or proceeding, the Court, shall serve a notice of the application on the caveator.
(4) Where a notice of any caveat has been served on the applicant, he shall forthwith furnish the caveator at the caveator‘s expense, with a copy of the application made by him and also with copies of any paper or document which has been, or may be, filed by him in support of the application.
(5) Where a caveat has been lodged under sub-section (1), such caveat shall not remain in force after the expiry of ninety days from the date on which it was lodged unless the application referred to in sub-section (1) has been made before the expiry of the said period.
3) Who may File Caveat -
A caveat may be filed by any person who is going to be affected by an interim order likely to be passed on an application which is expected to be made in a suit or proceeding instituted or about to be instituted in a Court.
According to Section 148A sub Section (1) Where an application is expected to be made or has been made, in a suit or proceeding instituted, or about to be instituted, in a Court, any person claiming a right to appear before the Court on the hearing of such application may lodge a caveat in respect thereof.
A person who is a stranger to the proceeding cannot lodge a caveat. Likewise, a person supporting the application for interim relief made by the applicant also cannot file a caveat.
4) Time Limit - What is time period for which caveat stays in force?
Caveat duration - Caveat will remain in force for 90 days from the date of its filing. After 90 days Fresh Caveat Petition can be filed.
5) What happens if the caveat is filed and the Court and the applicant don't give notice to the Caveator?
It cannot be done, because the Court is bound by the Caveat. But if the Court or the Applicant ignored it then whatever decree or order is passed that becomes null and void.
1. Provisions relating to 'reference' under the Civil Procedure Code
2. Difference Between Summary Suit and Ordinary Suit (Regular Suit)
3. What are the similarities between Order and Decree?
4. Suits relating to public nuisance Section 91 of civil procedure code
5. What is Stay of suit or Res-Subjudice?
Cty cổ phần Thương Mại Kỹ Thuật Công Nghệ Đông Nam chuyên tư vấn, thiết kế, cung cấp và lắp đặt thiết bị phòng cháy chữa cháy:ReplyDelete
Thiết bị phòng cháy chữa cháy
Những dụng cụ cần thiết thoát thân khi cháy chung cư
VPGD: Số 66 Đường T8, Phường Tây Thạnh, Hotline: 0917.911.114
Perhaps you'll see somebody neighborhood in Elmhurst, or Jackson statures who may SEEM to know and comprehend the case, yet truly this could be a long way from reality.best car accident lawyer near meReplyDelete
medical malpractice lawyers free consultation
"""GiaXD.com là ứng dụng thương mại điện tử kết nối trực tiếp nhà cung cấp tới khách hàng và cộng đồng ngành xây dựng.ReplyDelete
Nhận thông tin mới nhất về các dự án trên toàn Việt Nam.
Nhận thông tin mời thầu đã được phân loại theo nhu cầu cá nhân hóa.
Tìm nhà cung cấp, tìm khách hàng hoặc đơn giản chỉ là đọc thêm các tài liệu tham khảo hữu ích.
Theo sát các biến động của thị trường và chăm sóc thật tốt những khách hàng mà bạn quan tâm.
Hãy cùng khám phá và chia sẻ niềm đam mê công việc cùng cộng đồng trên GiaXD.com
Địa chỉ : Số 17, ngõ 4, Phố Dương Khuê, Mai Dịch, Cầu Giấy, Hà Nội, Việt Nam
Tel: 1900 0281
Hag :#GiaXD #GiaXD.com #Tindauthau #Xaydung"
The business catalog on paper structure had their prime for a long time, however the populace presently goes to the Internet for the data they look for, so most print indexes are gathering dust. injury attorney nycReplyDelete
injury lawyer near me
It is hard to convince anyone on this topic. Your writing skills are impressive. Readers are enjoying while reading. Now it's time to avail earbuds for more information.ReplyDelete